Are you fond of eating dried fruit? Good for you because if I were to be asked, I also love to eat dried fruit. How about a dehydrator? A dehydrator is said to be a device removing the food’s moisture to help in its preservation. Have you ever tried a food dehydrator? Well, if not, I guess it’s time for you to try it out with these tasty food dehydrator recipes. If you want to buy a good food dehydrator, you can read this review
Your food dehydrator can be used to make delicious and the best qualities of recipes from various raw materials like dried meat, chips, and dried fruit snacks.
If you are a beginner to dehydrating foods, the following are some tips for using a food dehydrator. More tips and tricks are in our article here.
- Identify and use the specific temperature and time guidelines, ensuring that you can dry the food at the right temperature.
- Ensure that you sliced all the raw materials or rather items equally – with similar thickness and sizes.
- By dehydrating your food at a higher recommended temperature, the food will be sealed at its outside layers, and the moisture will be trapped inside, affecting the foods, and it’ll be spoiled.
- The foods must be at least 95% dehydrated, most especially those foods that are hard, breakable, and crunchy.
Given the tips above, let us now consider the tasty recipes that you can make in your food dehydrator.
9 Food Dehydrator Recipes For Tasty Delicious Snacks
Homemade sweet potato chips
“Be a veggie-lover with the help of these homemade sweet potato chips.”
Kids and some teens are fun of eating chips, and I guess you are able to notice that. This is being eaten during snacks at home and even at school. Not only that, but this is also a common snack during movie time. Do you agree?
These homemade baked sweet potato chips are addictive, crunchy, and is made with only three simple ingredients that won’t give you a hard time. So why won’t you try it?
You might be asking, “What is the proper slice of potato for chips.” Let us show you how in this Video with the Recipe.
A mandoline slicer is a helpful tool when making sweet potato, but if you don’t have one, you can just use a sharp knife to create thin slices. Mandoline slicer makes your slices thinner and makes your tasks even faster.
- The best Nesco Food Dehydrator and why you need one.
- Review of the Excalibur 3926TB and why we like it so much.
- How to dehydrate vegetables and fruits for storage using a food dehydrator.
- NESCO FD-75A food dehydrator review and why we rave about it.
- 7 ingenious and unusual ways to use your food dehydrator.
- The different types of food dehydrators – vertical vs horizontal
Do you have a love of eating beef? Are you even exhausted about the same style of beef when cooked? Then a beef jerky may be a great change, and with a simple beef jerky food dehydrator recipe, you too will make one yourself.
So most probably what part of the beef you’re going to buy. The best option that we could offer to you was flank steak, the eye of round, top or bottom round, London broil, and even trimming of large extra sections of fats you would see.
Let’s talk about the slice of the meat when making your jerky in a dehydrator. It is recommended that you slice the meat as thin as possible, maybe at least (1/8 to ¼ inch thick. Slicing the meat with the grain is the best option if you wish to have chewier beef jerky and if you want a tenderer one, better slice it against the grain.
For more information, you can surf the internet. But always keep in mind that the best beef jerky gives you delicious, awesome, savory flavors and does not include sweeteners.
Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
Have you ever heard the term zucchini before? If yes, I’m hoping that you already have an idea about salt and vinegar chips. Are you craving zucchini chips? With a good recipe, you can make these too in your dehydrator at the comfort of your home. Salt and vinegar zucchini chips offer you 40 servings of calories, gluten-free, low carb, and grain-free. Make use of a mandoline or food processor to slice your chips. This could help you slice it thinner and perfectly. Here is a food dehydrator recipe you can follow.
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Popcorn
You are craving popcorn, but you don’t want the carbo itself? Another healthy recipe that we would like to offer for your food dehydrator is the spicy buffalo cauliflower popcorn.
Before anything else, if you’re planning to make this spicy buffalo cauliflower popcorn, ensure that you’re going to do this before going to sleep. Why? Because this helps you to not tempted by the smell that is inside your food dehydrator. If, by chance, that you want your cauliflower popcorn crunchy, cut your flowers into small pieces. If not, it’ll be chewy.
This spicy buffalo cauliflower popcorn is perfect for movie marathons at home, snacks at school, or even a road trip. How fun is it, right? So, what are you waiting for? Try to do it! The above video for this food dehydrator recipe of spicy buffalo cauliflower popcorn will help you to prepare this snack.
Blueberries are said to be one of the most common fruits existing in cold temperature places and countries and are also the easiest fruit you’ll be working with, unlike the others.
Since this topic is all about dehydration, we would like to offer you ways on how you are going to dehydrate your blueberries.
- The first thing to do is to wash your blueberry (to ensure your safety as well).
- Be able to sink the berries for an ample amount of time, specifically around 25-30 seconds. Wait until the skin started to crack to result in better and tastier dehydrated blueberries.
- Using stainless steel, remove them slowly.
- After sinking it into boiling water, plunge it into cold and icy water.
- As you remove it, ensure that you are able to drain it off as much as possible and keep them on a layered dehydrator.
6. Chewy Dehydrated Bananas
Who among you here loves bananas? I guess most of you love it since it’s really common and denominating, especially in provinces. Knowing that chewy dehydrated bananas is one of the most recommended recipes for your food dehydrator. Now, how can you acquire chewy dehydrated bananas? Let’s do that.
How to dehydrate your bananas? – The recipe for your food dehydrator
The first thing to do is to prepare the materials needed. And these are the following.
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 hands of bananas
- A dehydrator
- The amount of water depends on the size of your dehydrator
- The first thing to do is pour lemon juice into a shallow casserole pan.
- Peel all the bananas and make sure that you’re putting them in a big bowl.
- To slice the bananas lengthwise, make use of a serrated knife.
- After slicing, place it into lemon juice, preventing them from turning that unappetizing shade of brown.
- Once everything is slice, and all the bananas are placed in the lemon juice container, fill the dehydrator, causing you to place your bananas closer together but by not touching each other.
- The dehydrator must be turned to 135 degrees and store it about a day. Be able to check the bananas every after six hours, but it all varies on the thickness of the slices.
- A dehydrated slice of banana, when perfectly done, is dry and leathery. However, you might feel a little stickiness when touched. Remember that it is not done yet if the bananas easily tear as you try to remove them from the tray. Take the soft or “fleshy” pieces back in for a bit longer. Store them using airtight containers.
That’s it, and we hope you’ll enjoy your delicious and healthy dehydrated bananas.
Dried Orange Slices
We always tend to slice oranges thicker, but what if we try it thinner? To be honest, you can use any fruits that you want to have. It all depends on you.
How can you dehydrate those oranges? Here are the ways on how to deal with them.
- Into the container of water and tea, add some slices, and leave it in the fridge. Oranges are so close to waters, and it’ll give you a nice and tasty flavor.
- Continue adding slices to your tea. Make the flavor stronger by storing it longer.
- Chop it and make your desired tea mixes.
- Mince it, and feel free to use it for some flavor dishes.
- Put some at your blender or grinder, and feel free to make some powder.
- Get some at your home and use it for decorating.
One of the food dehydrator recipes that we might offer to you is the Sriracha chickpeas. Douse these chickpeas in sriracha and roast them. Store the dehydrated chickpeas in an airtight container. They actually last for about a week. Throw in handfuls of them into a sauté pan as you’d like, and evidently, they taste best out of the pan.
Caramel Green Apple Chips
How about apple, right? I guess 9 out of 10 people do love apples. Aside from being juicy, it is also best since it contains a lot of nutritional benefits. These chips nd the food dehydrator recipes below for it, ensures us to make the best of everything.
Some people love the taste of it when it’s super crispy. Be able to eat it right away and don’t store it too long outside. It’ll reduce the crunchiness easily. You might be asking if you will produce caramel green apple chips using your food dehydrator?. Well, it simply has 2 main ingredients, which are green apples and caramel. For the steps, first, all you have to do is to slice the apple into thinner slices. Next is to use a pastry brush and brush an ample amount of caramel on each apple slices. Dehydrate the green apple for 14 hours to get the desired crispiness.
As you can see, there are a lot of recipes you might apply to your food dehydrator. Those mentioned above are just a few of the several food dehydrator recipes, and you can surf for more. And the last advice that we could probably offer you is its best if you will be the one who will discover the recipe for your food dehydrator. Go, eat, enjoy, and be healthy!!
You may also like: Dehydrating Food – Types of Food Dehydration and Their Benefits.