There are several brands of eye creams in the market, and many eye doctors suggest getting Korean eye cream brands. Korean brands are known for their natural formulation and quality in the market. The market is also saturated with many Korean eye cream brands. However, the questions that disturb most people are why Korean eye creams are recommended. Are they effective? Which it the best Korean eye cream? We’ve reviewed the best Korean eye cream brands out there. Read on to find out:
- Why Korean eye cream brands are the best.
- Why they’ll work for you.
- The best Korean eye cream in the market.
- Ingredients to look out for in a Korean eye cream brand.
- Factors to consider when buying Korean eye creams.
You’ll also see a review of the nine best Korean eye creams. There’s a FAQ at the end to equip you with information about eye creams, and lastly, criteria we considered to form our list.
Disclosure: This article may contain external links. As an Amazon affiliate, we may earn a commission when you buy the product.
Comparison Table of The Best Korean Eye Creams
Before you we continue, if you are in a hurry, here is a comparison table of the the top Korean eye creams we are reviewing in this article.
Is an Eye Cream Necessary?
Eye creams are an essential part of a beauty and care routine because of their different functions. It reduces the occurrences of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin around the eye. They also help restore the skin to its natural glowing state. Nevertheless, many people still question the necessity of eye creams. The skin around the eye is thinner, drier, more sensitive, gets puffy, prone to tiny bumps, and signs of aging are first visible around that region. Due to these properties of the skin around the eye, it’s paramount to get an eye cream.
Also check out our articles on:
- 09 Best Body Wash for Dry Skin – [Effective, Gentle, Skin soothing Dryness Relief].
- 10 best Korean sunscreens to protect sensitive skin
Why are Korean eye Creams and Serums so effective? (Why use Korean eye cream brands?)
Korean eye creams are so effective due to the innovative formulas employed in manufacturing the cream. Korean Manufacturers carefully select and choose nothing other than the best ingredients for their products or formulations. They also permit their products to be stored for six months. They produce these products considering the vast number of skin types available on the planet. Some of these skin types require special attention or ingredients to help stop or reduce the occurrence of any skin problems. These ingredients have undergone clinical trials and are backed by science, so they will work for anyone or you—if you choose the right product that matches your skin type.
Towards the bottom of this page, we take a look at the ingredients you ought to consider before buying a Korean eye cream. But right now, lets take a look at an in-depth review of of the best Korean eye creams we considered.
Which is the Best Korean Eye Cream for Dark Circles, Puffy Eyes, Wrinkles, Anti-aging, Fine Lines, Softer, Smoother, Hydrated Skin? – Review of the 9 Best Korean Eye Creams
#1. Olay Ultimate Eye Cream for Wrinkles, Puffy Eyes + Dark Circles
Are you looking for a three-in-one eye cream formula? Then, Olay Ultimate Eye Cream for Wrinkles, Puffy Eyes, and Dark circles is the right product. This product contains ingredients that fight against dark circles, eye puffs, and wrinkles. In addition, it brightens and smoothens the skin around the eye area.
What to love about Olay Ultimate eye cream.
- Works as early from the first use
- Hydrates the skin for 24 hours
- It contains powerful skin-reviving ingredients like B3, peptides, and pigments.
- Fragrance-free and suitable for all skin tone types
- Fights against dark circles, puffy eyes, and wrinkles.
This cream has been advertised as effective on dark circles, puffy eyes, and wrinkles. However, you will read that some customers complain that it didn’t work for their saggy eyes. Such complaints are few and haven’t based on how many customers have found the cream to be effective.
#2. Mizon Eye Cream Moisturizer with 80% Snail Extract
Buy on Amazon
Do you want a natural, non-irritant, and uniquely formulated eye cream? Mizon Eye cream Moisturizer is among the best Korean eye creams in the industry. This product is developed by professionals who are passionate about beauty and health. Mizon Eye cream Moisturizer is produced with R&D technology with effective ingredients that regenerate the delicate skin around the eye.
- A good anti-aging agent
- It fights against dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines around the eye skin area
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologists have endorsed this product
- The manufacturer offers 100% customers satisfaction and a guarantee
- It contains no artificial colors, Paraben or fragrance
#3. Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics Face Moisturizer Essential Eye Cream for Face Anti-Aging Hydrating Korean Skincare
Buy on Amazon
Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics Face Moisturizer Essential Eye Cream for Face Anti-Aging Hydrating Korean Skincare is a Korean eye cream produced by combining top ingredients with microsome technology. It rapidly absorbs into the skin while nourishing the skin. The product improves the texture, tone, and freshness. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines and dullness around the eye.
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Can also be used as a face moisturizer
- Enhances skin texture and tone
- It helps keep the skin moisturized
- Little quantity though the price could be reasonable, hence not a big deal breaker.
#4. Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion
Do you want your skin to be smooth, hydrated, soft, and free from dark spots? Then, nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion is the product for you. This product is popular in Korea for its anti-aging effects and its composition. Snail Mucin, one of its primary ingredients, boosts the production of collagen and elastin. It also the skin regeneration process and protect the skin against free radicals. Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion is a light, liquid-based cream that works like magic on the skin.
- Slows down aging.
- It boosts the skin regeneration process.
- Helps accelerate the production of collagen and Elastin.
- This product reduces the occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It keeps the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
- Customers complained that it smells differently than they expected.
- For Reducing Visibility of Acne Scars or Dark Spots and/or Anti-Aging Effects
- Made with 80% High-Quality Snail Mucin Containing Hyaluronic Acid, Glycoprotein Enzymes, Proteoglycans and Antimicrobial and Copper Peptides
- Reduces Redness and Inflammation, and Promotes Skin Cell Regeneration
- Snail Mucin Stimulates the Skin's Production of Collagen and Elastin Reducing the Visibility of Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- Results In Softer, Smoother, Hydrated Skin
#5. Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, with Hyaluronic Acid for Wrinkle Care, Skin Nourished, Moisturizing, Skin Elasticity
Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, with Hyaluronic Acid for Wrinkle Care, Skin Nourished, Moisturizing, Skin Elasticity, is developed by committed professionals in the beauty industry. This product is manufactured with R&D technology with natural and non-irritant ingredients. It repairs damaged tissues around the eye skin area. Also, Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream advances the production of collagen in the skin. As a result, this product combats severe eye wrinkles while improving the elasticity of the skin. It leaves the skin fresh, moisturized, soft, and smooth.
- It is appropriate for all types of skin.
- Tested by dermatologists.
- Keeps the skin smooth, moisturized, nourished, and firm.
- The cream helps rebuild damaged skin cells.
- It boosts the production of collagen and elastin.
- It may not be suitable for sensitive skin types.
- Some customers complained of the effectiveness of the product.
#6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Eye Cream
Do you suffer from hydration, and are you looking for the perfect remedy? Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Eye Cream is the hydration solution. This product is recommended by dermatologists and accelerates hydration to give smooth and tender skin. This product is produced with purified hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin. It cleans the skin of impurities. It also protects the skin against the dangerous effects of the sun.
- It is free from oil, dye, and fragrance.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- Cleans the skin of impurities like dirt, oil, or makeup.
- Keeps the skin safe from the dangerous effects of the sun.
- It absorbs quickly.
- 0 5-fluid ounce tube of Hydrating Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream with hyaluronic acid, specially designed to smooth skin around the delicate eye area
- Moisturizing eye cream contains hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin that attracts moisture and locks it in
- The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly like a gel, with the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream
- Formula is non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores The daily hydrating eye gel is ophthalmologist-tested, and oil-, fragrance-, and dye-free
- Under-eye cream can be worn alone or under makeup and makes the perfect addition to your daily skincare routine for an at-home self-care experience, Hydro Boost Collection includes hydrating Hand Cream, Body Gel Cream, Facial Moisturizers and Cleansers
#7. SeoulCeuticals Korean Skin Care Moisturizer Night Cream
- CONSIDERED TO BE FAR more effective than other snail creams as it contains a higher concentration (97.5%) of snail mucin extract. Other snail cream products are not as potent or effective.
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU - We promise you'll begin to see brighter, healthier and more youthful skin with this K beauty product within the first few days of use or your money back
- THIS KOREAN SKIN CARE snail cream is ethically harvested in a cruelty free environment. Our snails live and move about in an organic fashion just as they would in the wild
- UNLIKE OTHER SNAIL MUCIN extract, this formula is 97% Naturally Derived & 72% Organic + shea butter + organic aloe + jajoba oil + vitamin E for extremely effective results
- THIS SNAIL CREAM IS NON comedogenic, so no need to worry about clogged pores. It's packed with super nutrients that are guaranteed to provide you with a brighter more youthful complexion
- Composed of natural ingredients like Shea butter, Aloe Vera, jojoba oil.
- Non comedogenic
- Works as early as a few days
- Contains a high concentration of snail mucin extract
- It keeps the skin brighter, healthier, softer, and Smoother.
- The manufacturer offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and refunds.
#8. AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel Cream
Buy on Amazon
AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel Cream is an eye gel that helps strengthen the look of tired eyes. It is uniquely formulated to produce an external layer that protects the skin. It also improves the moisture of the skin while enriching it. It also reduces the occurrences of wrinkles and dark circles.
- Absorbs rapidly.
- Provides the skin with relevant nutrients.
- It is composed of natural ingredients like bamboo sap.
- Improves the ability of the skin to retain moisture.
- The product may be costly compared to other Korean eye creams on this list.
- You may find the fragrance in the product quite heavy.
#9. Innisfree the Green Tea Seed Cream
Are you looking for an eye cream containing natural ingredients? Innisfree the Green Tea Seed Cream is a natural Korean eye cream formulated with green tea seed. It possesses antioxidants properties that moistures and cleans the skin, leaving it fresh and pleasant smelling.
- This product quenches thirsty skin by refraining non-sticky, dewy moisture deep within the skin as if welcome rain were to wet and land
- This moisture cream with jeju organic green tea seed ingredient is formulated to provide excellent moisturizing plus anti-oxidant effects to your skin
- Which makes clean and moisture skin
Ingredients to Look Out for in a Korean Eye Cream
Before buying any Korean eye cream, it’s vital that you check out the ingredients contained in the product as the eye is a delicate organ in the body. You don’t want to risk damaging your eyesight. However, suppose you have sensitive skin. In that case, you should choose to buy fragrance-free eye creams because eye creams containing fragrance may irritate.
Here are the crucial ingredients that eye creams should have:
- Hyaluronic Acid
This ingredient is also known as Sodium Hyaluronate, and it works by keeping the skin hydrated. It also contains a chemical that may help collagen production, which helps prevent premature aging of the skin.
This type of lipid naturally occurs in the skin membrane. It is responsible for reducing moisture loss and making the skin look fresh and youthful.
This is a kind of Vitamin A that helps the cells rebuild or repair themselves. It influences the tone and smoothness of the skin. It also reduces the occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines.
This ingredient is vital to produce collagens. It also reduces the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles around the eye skin.
- Vitamin C
Vitamin C possesses antioxidant properties. It may help stimulate collagen production and keep the skin safe from the dangerous effects of free radicals.
- Vitamin E
This is an essential vitamin that nourishes the skin. It also keeps the skin safe from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Korean Eye Cream Buying Guide. What to Consider When Choosing
Do you plan to get an eye cream, and you are beating yourself over what you should consider? Unfortunately, the popularity and the number of Korean eye cream brands in the market make it more challenging to choose.
I’ve outlined factors that you should consider before buying any eye cream. They include:
- Ingredients contained in the product
The ingredients in an eye cream are the first and most crucial factor you need to consider before purchasing an eye cream. Earlier on, we outlined ingredients you should look out for. Ensure you take a look at the ingredients. If you find products that the manufacturer hides the ingredient details, avoid the product.
- Hydration strength
Depending on your skin type, you need to look out for the hydration strength of the eye cream. If you have dry skin, you need oil-based eye creams with high hydration power. If you have less dry or wet skin, you should go for oil-free eye creams.
The presence of fragrance in an eye cream is significant to the nature of your skin. An eye cream containing fragrance may cause irritation or rashes on sensitive skins. However, eye creams free of fragrance are suitable for all skin types. If you still want scented eye creams, go for an eye cream that won’t alter your skin’s natural PH level.
Many eye cream products contain an antioxidant formula that may lose its effectiveness when exposed to oxygen. Ensure the products you buy are well sealed in an airtight container, and there are no leaks.
How did we choose?
While composing this list of the best Korean eye cream, we considered many factors like:
- Types of ingredients
We checked several Korean eye cream brands for formulas that are composed of effective ingredients.
- Approval from dermatologists
We took a look at the top-notch eye cream products recommended by dermatologists.
- Customers reviews and customer feedback
Since we value customer feedback and reviews, we checked past customer reviews on these products sold by popular retailers. As a result, we picked products with good ratings and excellent customer feedback.
8 Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed most questions that customers ask. We hope that they come in handy.
1. Why are my under-eye wrinkles so bad?
Under-eye wrinkles are bad because they have a negative effect on appearance. In addition, the occurrence of under-eye wrinkles signifies the breakdown of collagen, which leaves the eye vulnerable to infections and the harmful effects of sunlight.
2. Why Do You Need An Eye Cream? Is Eye Cream necessary?
Eye creams are essential to the skin around the eyes as it helps restore the skin cells around the eye. It also helps reduce the signs of aging. No one wants to look older than their age. Eye creams also give a radiant look to the eye.
3. Is Eye Serum better than eye cream?
Although dermatologists recommend both Eye Serum and Eye Cream, a few qualities differentiate the two. Eye creams are heavier and are more likely applied to keep moisture while hydrating the skin around the eye. As a result, it reduces the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, and skin dullness. On the other hand, Eye Serum is lighter, contains less oil, and functions to allow easy penetration of ingredients. Depending on the circumstances, they both have their pros and cons.
4. How do Koreans get rid of dark circles?
Over the years, Korean have gotten rid of dark circles by applying their eye creams made from natural ingredients.
5. What are some other ways to care for The Skin Around the Eye?
There are several ways to care for the skin around the eye. They include avoiding smoking, getting enough sleep, and sleeping with head raised. Also, not neglecting cleaning the face.
6. Is snail mucin good for dark circles?
Snail Mucin is a substance extracted by snails. Snails release this substance to protect their skin. Snail Mucin is a natural skin care ingredient because of its collagen stimulating and moisturizing properties. So, yes, it is suitable for dark circles.
7. Can I use serum around the eyes?
Yes, Eye Serum can be applied to the skin around the eyes. It is beneficial for reducing the signs of aging and other skin problems.
8. Is Vaseline good for under eyes?
Yes, Vaseline is good for under eyes because it locks moisture and forms a protective cover around the eyes. In addition, regular application of Vaseline helps to accelerate the healing process of dry skins.
How to apply eye cream the right way [Perfectly]
Also Read: 09 Best Foundation for large pores
Eye creams are needed to keep the skin clean from impurities, moisturized, and protect against puffiness, dark circles, and dark spots. We’ve taken the time to review the best Korean eye cream products in the world. We hope you find this article useful!
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API