Dry, itchy skin especially during extreme temperatures or a chronic skin condition is something unavoidable for most of us. In such situations, dermatologist recommended the best body wash for dry skin to nourish and sooth the skin. Have you ever thought about the uses of body washes? Most people believe that bar soap is good enough to wash off dirt and bacteria from their skin: hence they don’t see the need for a body wash. Soaps truly wash off dirt from the skin, leaving you refreshed and clean. Body wash performs the same functions as bar soap but is made of ingredients that may help tackle skin conditions like dryness, clogged pores, etc. The ingredients in a body wash make it great and effective in dealing with dry skins and soothing and moisturizing the skin.
The problem may arise when deciding on which body wash to get. This article will provide a buying guide, and reviews of the best body wash for dry skin out there. You’ll also learn the criteria considered to draft out the list. We’ve also added some frequently asked questions that may come in handy.
Recommendations are independently chosen by our editors. We are participants in Amazon associates’ program and purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Our Editors Top picks of Best Body Wash For Dry Skin
- Overall best: Puracy Natural Body Wash
- Editors choice: CeraVe Body Wash for Dry Skin
- Best for itchy dry skin: Curel Itch Defense
- Customers choice: Vanicream Gentle Body Wash
- Best budget friendly: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash For Dry Skin
Which Body Wash is The Best for Dry Skin? Review of The 9 Best Body Wash for Dry Skin
Everyone experiences skin dryness at one time or the other in life. Sometimes it is caused by hot showers or wrong soaps. The weather plays a role in causing dryness of the skin. Whatever the skin dryness agent may be, there is a solution. It all begins with having a good moistening skincare routine. Good moistening skin care starts with the skin wash product applied. To save you the bother of surfing the web for the best skin wash for dry skin, we’ve outlined it. Before you finish reading this article, you’ll learn our criteria for selecting the products. Also check out our review of:
- The best Korean eye cream for dark circles, Puffy Eyes, wrinkles, anti-aging.
- 10 Best Korean Sun protectors to protect your skin from UV light.
Best Moisturizing Body Wash
#1: Puracy Natural Body Wash
Puracy Natural Body Wash for Men and Women is a non-toxic natural product that is safe for kids and adults. Puracy Natural Body Wash for Men and Women effectively combats dry skins as it was created and tested by doctors. It contains active ingredients like coconut oil, citrus, and sea salt, so you don’t have anything to worry about.
- Compatible for all types of skin
- Suitable for men and women
- Designed and scientifically tested by doctors
- Contains natural ingredients
- It comes at a reasonable price
- If you have sensitive skin, you may develop allergies
- The fragrance isn’t so nice
#2: CeraVe Body Wash for Dry Skin
Do you want to hydrate your dry skin with a body wash product that dermatologists develop? CeraVe Body Wash for Dry Skin is your sure bet! This product contains three essential ceramides that may help revive the skin’s protective barrier. The National Eczema Association has endorsed this product for use for those with eczema and sensitive skin nature.
- Suitable for normal-dry skin
- Paraben, Soap, Fragrance, and Sulfate-free
- Created by dermatologists
- Has an excellent forming action
- Endorsed by the national Eczema association
- Hard to wash off
- Challenging to squeeze out of the bottle
- Have an unpleasant, chemical-like smell
#3: Vanicream Gentle Body Wash
Vanicream Gentle Body Wash has a formula that eliminates dirt and oil without drying the skin. It foams in any type of water. This product keeps the skin in good shape and is free from many chemical irritants like dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, betaine, etc.
- Free from Gluten, Sulfate, and fragrance
- Good lather in soft or hard water
- Tested by dermatologists
- Do not contain chemical irritants
- It comes at a relatively decent price
- May cause skin rash, itch, or crack for sensitive skins
- It may cause chemical burns
#4: Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash for Dry Skin
Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash is a product that provides the skin with good nutrients that keep it smooth and soft. This product is made of natural ingredients and has a balanced pH level that is suitable for dry skin. Dermatologist recommends this product. When applied on the skin, Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash offers a rich lather that moisturizes while reviving the skin and leaving it clean, fresh and tender. This product has a PETA cruelty-free certification, so you need not worry about the product’s safety. Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash is available on Amazon at a somewhat decent price. Click here to Buy it at Amazon
- Endorsed by dermatologists
- This product possesses a Cruelty-free PETA certification
- Gentle and pH balanced
- It contains Plant-based moisturizers and skin natural nutrients
- Has a good cleaning efficiency
- Gives a calming sensation to the skin
- Fragrance is gentle
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- It rinses easily
- Does not leather well until a large amount is applied
- It may feel a little greasy on the skin
#5: Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash With B3 and Avocado Oil
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with B3 and Avocado Oil is a product like no other. The blend of natural vitamin B3 complex and Avocado makes it outstanding. This product revives dry, bad-looking skin into beautiful, healthy-looking skin. It strengthens skin cells and gives the skin a clean and soft texture with a pleasant smelling fragrance. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with B3 and Avocado Oil can be gotten from popular retailers like Amazon at a relatively high price.
- Offers a lasting impact on skin dryness by tackling it from the source
- Clinical studies showcase its effectiveness in improving dry skin
- It is supported by almost 60 years of skin science
- It is composed of natural ingredients like vitamins B complex and avocado oil that rejuvenates the skin
- The results are visible as early as two weeks
- Customers complained of misleading descriptions about the quantity of the product
- It is relatively expensive
- Customers complained of not smelling any Avocado oil scent
- It is not very thick
#6: Dove Body Wash For Dry Skin [Dryness Relief Effectively]
Dove body wash is a uniquely formulated body wash that relieves skin dryness while washing off dirt and bacteria from the skin. This product offers relevant nutrients to the skin while protecting it from dryness every day. Dove Body Wash is produced with gentle cleansers and NutriumMoisture technology that is good for women’s skin. It gives the skin a clean, fresh, soft, smooth, and pleasant smelling feel and looks. Dove Body Wash for Dry Skin Dryness Relief Effectively Washes Away Bacteria While Nourishing is endorsed by dermatologists. It boosts self-confidence. This product can be purchased from popular retailers like Amazon at a reasonable price.
- dermatologists recommend it
- It contains gentle cleaners that are free from harsh ingredients
- Moderate and balanced pH to make it suitable for different kinds of skin
- Designed with Dove’s NutrimMoisture technology to ensure it supplies essential nutrients to the skin to make it glow and healthy
- It lathers and smells nicely
- Customers claim that the product is not cruelty-free as stipulated by the manufacturers.
- Customers complain of conflicting descriptions about the ingredients stated in the store and the product.
Best body wash for dry eczema-prone skin
Fragrance-free body wash for dry skin
Best foaming body wash for dry skin
#7: Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash
Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash is a skin-soothing product that is suitable for sensitive skins. It contains natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Calendula, Marigold extract, and vitamin B5 that nourishes the skin. This product effectively washes off dirt, oil, and impurities leaving the skin clean, healthy, smooth, and soft. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash is developed and clinically studied by dermatologists, so you have nothing to be afraid of. Click here to purchase this product from Amazon at a low price.
- Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash is suitable for sensitive skin
- Washes off dirt, oil, and impurities while nourishing the skin
- It gives a calming sensation to the skin while fighting skin dryness
- This product was developed, scientifically tested, and recommended by dermatologists.
- Gives a slightly sweet fragrance
- It combats skin dryness
- Is gotten at a low price
- Customers complain of experiencing itching, rashes, dryness, and irritation while using it
- Complaints by customers on the type of the container as the thick liquid was difficult to dispense
- Way too perfumed
- Customers complain of false advertisement as they got a smaller size bottle instead of the advertised size.
Best body wash for dry winter skin
Best body wash for dry, itchy skin
Exfoliating body wash for dry skin
Best body wash for dry, sensitive skin
Best natural body wash for dry skin
Body wash for dry, flaky skin
#8: Curel Itch Defense Calming Daily Cleanser, Body Wash
Curél Itch Defense Calming Daily Cleanser, Body Wash is a product created to fight dry and itchy skin. This product contains gentle cleansers that make it suitable for sensitive or eczema-prone skin. It is composed of natural ingredients like olive and jojoba oils. It is rich in lather and free of soap. It is safe for babies aged six months and up.
- Curél Itch Defense Calming Daily Cleanser, Body Wash combats dry and itchy skin
- This product contains no added fragrance
- The National Eczema Association supports it, so it is suitable for eczema-prone and sensitive skins
- It is made of safe, natural ingredients
- It is soap-free.
- Customers complain of the product not working to their expectations
- Complaints of experiencing skin reactions
- Customers complained of being unsure of the product as they didn’t see any sealing material when ordered from an online retailer.
Bestselling Moisturizing body wash
#9: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash For Dry Skin
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash for Dry Skin with Soothing Oat & Rich Emollients is a product that fights skin dryness while nourishing the skin. It has a creamy composition that is formulated with soothing oats that leaves a clean, soft, smooth, and good-smelling skin when applied. Dermatologist recommends this product for over 65 years.
- Dermatologists recommend this product for over 65 years.
- Washes off bacteria
- It is made of natural ingredients like oats.
- It is backed by science.
- Gives a rich leather and smell
- Comes at a low price
- To get the best results, this particular product needs to be paired with another formula made by the same manufacturer
- Complaints of experiencing leakage
- Complaints of getting a different product as they got the lotion instead of the body wash
- Not suitable for eczema or eczema-prone skins
- Customers complain of the product having allergic ingredients.
- Scent not too nice
How to use a body wash on dry skin The Proper Way
Any one, including you can use body wash to properly moisturize their dry skin. To be as gentle as possible on your skin, it is recommended to wash with your fingertips. otherwise, you could use the help of a washcloth or loofa to wash off any visible dirt or excessive sweat. Pay particular attention to the groin and the underarms. It is also best practice to patty yourself dry after washing. To lock the moisture in, you should apply a moisturizer while you are still damp. There is a lot of advise on how to properly use body wash on dry skin. But out of the information overload, we recommend you wat this video by Heather of Beauty tastes great. Also read more advise by dermatologists
Body Wash Buying Guide. How to Find The Best body Wash for Your Dry Skin?
Do you find yourself diddle-dallying on which body wash to buy? The market is filled with many products from different manufacturers, and this makes decision-making difficult. The risks associated with using the wrong body wash further toughen the decision-making process. No one wants a product that will irritate or, worst, damage their skin. The good news is that top body washes are not as expensive as people think. With a couple of bucks, you can get a decent body wash that will battle skin dryness.
Let’s see some tips on how to rightly select the best body wash:
Check out for Fragrance-free products
We all love a nice smelling body wash. We all love products with a good fragrance that fills the room and entices those around us. Products with good fragrance may be suitable for perfumes or body sprays but will be bad for body washes as they may be harmful to our skin. They may irritate sensitive skins. Dermatologists recommend using body washes that may unlikely cause allergic skin reactions. They also recommend products that are free from steroids, sulfates, dyes, fragrances, aluminum, phthalates, and parabens.
Look out for sensitive labels on body wash products
Many body wash products having these terms may be less effective in dealing with skin dryness. These products may contain soothing or moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, soy, ceramides, oat, oils, shea butter. These products may have a creamy or milky composition rather than sudsy composition. To replenish moisture, Dr. Suzanne Friedler, a board certified dermatologist with Advanced Dermatology, says to look for a formula that contains natural oils and hyaluronic acid.
Consider your budget
Body washes come at different prices. Suppose you are making a budget, budget to get them more than once because you will use them frequently. You may need to but at least a month. Look out for a product that you can conveniently buy subsequently.
What is the target of the body wash product
Some body wash products are produced for adults (men or women) and children. You need to look out for products that are designed for your sex. The ingredients and effectiveness vary as men have different skin from women. Most men have hard skins, while women have soft skin. If you can’t find one that suits you, there are several products that are suitable for all the categories. Dr. Charlotte Birnbaum, a board certified dermatologist with Spring Street Dermatology, recommends being careful about the body wash you choose if you have sensitive skin. Look for a formula that contains natural oils and hyaluronic acid.
Know how to apply the body wash products
Knowing the manufacturer’s instructions on how you should use the product will enable you to avoid unnecessary complaints and get the best results. Some products are to be applied once daily, or even thrice. Depending on the concentration or intensity of the product, you need to know this before using it.
What are the other benefits of the product
Some body wash products perform more functions like tackling skin conditions like eczema or rashes. It’s best to keep this in mind to get the maximum possible value for your money.
When you have discovered the right product that fits into the specifications you have in mind and your budget, you have to be careful about how you use the product. Dermatologists recommend applying body wash only on areas you experience dryness. These are typically under your arms, buttocks. To get the best results, they recommend moistening directly out of the shower and applying thicker lotion or cream to seal the moisture.
How we Chose the Products
While drafting this list of the best body wash for dry skin, we considered many criteria. They are outlined as follows:
- Kinds of ingredients
Labels were reviewed , searching for formulas that are made of moisturizing ingredients. We also considered if the product had added fragrance or harmful chemicals.
- Endorsement from reputable organizations.
The top-rated products endorsed by reputable organizations like the National Eczema Association (NEA) for skin dryness capable of causing eczema were considered
- Advice from professionals in the field
We called in a favor from qualified dermatologists for their suggestions on body washes products they always recommend to their patients. They were very helpful in enlightening us on what they knew. They suggested ingredients we should look out for, which has been discussed earlier in this article.
- Customers reviews and customer feedback
We also regarded past customer reviews and feedback from various reputable retailers that sell these products. We selected products with a good rating and good feedback from customers who purchased the products.
Frequently Asked Questions on Body Washes and Dry Skin
While writing this article, we surfed the web to find questions that many customers ask. We hope that you will find them useful.
What kind of soaps should be used for dry skin?
Applying the wrong type of soap for dry skin can make things worse. While every soap will cleanse the skin, it may kill the moisture on the skin and cause irritation or inflammation if it is too concentrated. Hence, it is essential to choose soaps that hydrate the skin and holds moisture. Avoid soaps that dry the skin. There are several good soaps online, don’t be afraid to find them out. The great thing is that the body washes we have reviewed above are all great for dry skin. Just chose one of then and you will thank me later.
Which kind of body wash is suitable for dry skin or super dry skin?
Depending on the category, budget, and ingredients in a body wash, many body washes tackle skin dryness. It’ll be good to avoid toxic or body washes containing artificial or chemical ingredients.
What is the difference between body wash and shower gel?
Body wash and shower gel are both skin cleansers, but shower gel has a firmer, thicker gel-like composition. Body wash can be likened to a shower gel. Furthermore, body washes possess more skin moisturizing and hydration properties than shower gel.
Is body wash the same as liquid hand soap?
No, body washes are less intense than liquid hand soap as they (liquid hand soaps) may irritate.
What is the use of body wash?
The body wash is used to wipe off dirt from the skin and combat skin problems like dryness or skin diseases like eczema.
Bar soap Vs. Body wash, which is better for the health of the skin?
Bar soap only cleans off dirt from skin. Some bar soap supplies the skin with nutrients. On the other hand, body washes perform soap functions along with tackling skin conditions like skin dryness, eczema, etc. Most body washes contain ingredients that help revive the skin’s protective shield.
Does body wash kill bacteria?
Many body washes do not kill bacteria themselves but applying them on the skin does wash off germs. There are antibacterial body wash out there that kills bacteria, but the long-term effect may not be encouraging.
How long does body wash last?
A lot of body washes will last for at least a year and may last for up to three years. You should always check the expiry date.
What are the symptoms of dry skin?
The symptoms of dry skin include skin tightness and roughness, itching, redness, severe or slight flaking, scaling. If you experience any of these symptoms, you might be suffering from dry skin.
What are the causes of skin dryness?
The environment, cold environment, genetics, skin condition are some of the causes of skin dryness.
Which Vitamin deficiency leads to dry skin?
Several studies have associated a low level of Vitamin D in the blood with skin conditions that may cause dry skin. Furthermore, Vitamin D supplements have been proven to improve symptoms linked to skin disorders that may cause skin conditions like itching, eczema, etc. Consuming foods or fruits rich in Vitamin D is an excellent alternative to supplements.
Skin dryness is not rocket science, so there is no need to freak out if you see yourself suffering from it. While we’ve outlined a list of top-rated best body washes for dry skin, it’s advisable to constantly check in with your doctor and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Don’t combine one or two body washes, or you may risk damaging your skin. If you plan to switch to another brand, consult your doctor for advice. Eating good fruits and vegetables containing Vitamin D will play a role in alleviating skin dryness.
Before buying any product, it’s best If you adopt all the suggestions. Check the ingredients especially. Sometimes you may experience skin reaction due to the product’s individual component, not the product itself. If you experience any skin reaction from using any product, please discontinue using it, and seek a doctor’s consent.
People’s skin and the effectiveness of the products vary, so it’s unclear how soon you should start seeing results. With some products, you will notice changes as early as a few days. Some may take a few weeks.
To get the best out of these products, you might need to be disciplined to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and committed to continue using the product. Good luck with reviving your skin using the best body washes for dry skin reviewed in this article!